Mountain Gal, Southern Gal and FB

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mark Gudmundsen

When I found Marks painting I recognized the many places he painted, Calif, Utah, Wyo. such beautiful scenery to see in person and yet see it painted as I just remembered it years and years ago. I still recall camping up in Calif National Park, and if you smell the tree you can smell the sweetness, vanilla or strawberry is what I imagine.Mark has brought those memories back with his artistic details of the landscape of our beautiful land. 
He was born in Inglewood, California not far from where I grew up in Redondo Beach back in 1960's.  Please let me introduce:
Mark Gudmundsen, who enjoys painting National Parks. When you view his website you'll see the brilliant captures he has created.





 He attended California State Long Beach and gained a BFA (Fine Art) in 1983 with a specialization in Illustration.  He began painting full time at Tenaya Lodge in 1991 as the resident artist. At that same time we moved up to Oakhurst, CA. A couple of years later, I opened my Oakhurst Gallery, National Parks Art Center. His work has been featured in several publications including American Artist, U.S. Art, and the Encyclopedia of Living Artists.







Theirs nothing more serene then being outdoors hiking and feeling close to yourself.














His work is very much what I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments, you can also directly email me at tagisia@yahoo.com