Mountain Gal, Southern Gal and FB

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Michael Hoza



In my search I found Michael Hoza, a fine artist which you can feel his colors and textures with ease, I love how he made the fields looks so calm and so soft. Please see his work as I did. His work is being shown at Sharon Weiss Gallery.


words are to share expressions and knowledge, but look at the color can words tell us what we really mean.




I really can see this lone highway

        I can see my self looking beyond further then the horizons. can't you?


Michael Statement:
 
"At Youngstown State and The Ohio State University I studied sociology and philosophy, giving much thought to what might be called the social construction of reality and the ways in which we assign meaning to what we see. This concern for social issues along with an interest in the visual led me into the business of film making. However, as time passed I sensed that my real interest had less to do with narrative and more with trying to understand single moments. That focus on the moment returned me to my childhood love of drawing and painting. As good writing or movie making can condense time (a lifetime, history) a painting can expand time and enrich the experience of a single moment. My paintings are careful considerations of particular moments and places."
 


Here are a few of Michael"s new work.  His colors are brilliant, and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments, you can also directly email me at tagisia@yahoo.com